Monday 19 April 2010

Agility for Great Britain

I finally feel like the agility show season has begun and I feel I am behind. I mean in training and handling wise. Over the past couple of weekends, I have been getting Rodney E'd in the simplest of places. This cant go on any longer. Of course we are still going to make mistakes, but hopefully over my next month of training, trying to concentrate of certain aspects week by week we should hopefully get ourselves together enough to get around most courses.

This weekend, Rodney felt very slow, however was somehow still making the times. I am hoping it was just because he is still a bit unfit and it was the first hot weekend of the year and he hadnt quite adjusted yet. Also maybe due to the weekend before at Scunthorpe cos my handling was so shocking, I wasnt as confident this weekend.

First run of Saturday, EO wildcard, I had decided to go in just for a clear, however coming off the A-frame, I panicked, called and he missed. What a muppet, what on earth is wrong with me. Never mind. Decided to make my next run a clear. Graded 5-7 agility, Rodney got marked on the up of his dog walk, duno if he got it or not, cos cant say thats something I ever look for. Was a nice run, but a ploddy run. Ian Jackson and Bobbi won, Rodney was 0.9 ahead somehow. Here is the run below...



We also had comb 5-7 Agility, didnt think the run was that bad, until I watched it back on video this evening. Very slow and very bad handling jumps 1 to 2. Then I should of done what Lee said and reversed before DW making it faster clearer and better off of DW too. Rodney came 3rd, Dawn and Brexer won it. Think I forget how important good course walking is, really makes the difference to a good run or not. Here is the run below...



Phoebe actually somehow got 2 clears and a 5 (a pole), which is weird, she was running soooooo slow though. Think she got an 8th in one class. Duno what is happening to my dogs, they are too slow. On the Sunday Phoebe also got a clear, think she was 4th. Rodney got an 8th in a jumping, then I got him E'd in other classes, cant way I was paying too much attention due to not wanting to miss Lucys runs in the EO try-outs.

I think Lucy ran the best I have ever seen her run in the try-outs, lets just hope she continues to run like that for the rest of the year. She just needs to get her last win this weekend. We are off to WSBD's this weekend, no qualifiers, no pressure= nice relaxing weekend I hope.

O before I go.... here is one of the funniest moments of my weekend... catching Gibson walking around with this hat on hahhaa...



xoxo