Saturday 27 June 2009

UKA Newbury

Today I took a day off revision (prob not one of my smartest moves) to take the dogs to UKA. Started the day by running Sammie Stevens Dylon (Dylon E Do Well (Rodneys dad)) as always he was a pleasure to run. Not sure why hes always such a pleasure though, he doesn't have a wait which is quite annoying however it doesn't seem to matter too much, cos he listens so well to other commands. I hate to say it, I mean I really hate to say it, however its like hes been ok or quite well trained.. weird! However we went clear in Champ Steeplchase and came 3rd, which I was quite happy with :) more impressed I kept him out of a tunnel I thought he would fly in.

I then did two classes with Phoebe, it was clear the heat was really affecting her, so I didnt run her in other two classes. In the evening it was the Royal Canin final, which Lee Gibson was judging (Phoebe had qualified for.) Once again he set another very good course. His courses are always so good because it is clear there has been so much thought gone into them, by having hard but fast options, then the slower but safer options. Hes also big on his obstacle discrimination rather than the million pull through option. I know hes a friend however he has to be one of the best judges in the country. Despite Lee being good, I wasn't so, could be due to the fact I hardly ever train her (naughty of me I know.)She missed weaves, then came out of them.. tut. Luckily I got a free t-shirt, which actually fit ish, well compared to everyone elses, was funny cos people were really struggling to get into them. Afew people prob shouldn't of bothered, wasn't a nice site... whoops :P!

Well of course I didnt just go to Newbury to run Phoebe, Rodney got to do two runs too. He did a lovely run in the Beginners Steeplechase, where he ran past the last jump, hes still so baby and not running as fast as I want, however I really cant complain it could be going alot worse. We then had Nursery agility, once again I took my own line so I could do the contacts twice, they were perfect :) Lets hope he can keep it up and do the same at Rugby :D!

Here is a video of Rodney today, I must thank Sammie for videoing and putting online for me so quick, I am very impressed. Especially after she went clear in same Steeplechase with Rodneys brother Mika and I was talking too much and missed the 1st 5 jumps on video... whoops! Not like me at all :P!



xoxo